The key skills to ensure your child is securely at the expected level at the end of Year 2 are:
- know the place value of and compare and order numbers to 100
- addition and subtraction within 100
- know the 2, 5 and 10 times tables up to 12x the number
- be able to divide by 2, 5 and 10
- find 1/2, 1/4, 1/3 and 3/4 of a shape or a number amount
- know the names of 2D and 3D shapes, as well as recognising faces, edges, vertices and lines of symmetry
- use an analogue clock (with hands) to tell the time to five minutes, including o'clock, half past, quarter past and quarter to
- measure accurately for length in cm, mass in g, capacity in ml and temperature in degrees Centegrade
- interpret and construct simple tallies, pictograms and block diagrams.
Oxford Owl has some useful advice and ideas on how to support your child at home with these areas of Maths.
Please use the websites below to help your child practise and apply these skills to problem solving situations.